Queensland Alumina Ltd (QAL)


Results in 2019

3,950 ktpa

total capacity and utilisation rate, 87%

691 kt

production level (in the Group

Alumina production commenced in 1967. Queensland Alumina is of the largest alumina refineries in the world, with a wharf and storage facility located adjacent to the refinery. The Group’s Metals segment owns 20% of the company, while the remaining 80% is owned by Rio Tinto Alcan.

Related assets